Drainage in New Loft Conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am installing an en-suite in my new dormer extension and need advise on drainage.

The property is a bungalow and does not have a soil stack. The toilet, sink and bath waste in the original bathroom all connect via a 4" pipe in the space under the floor boards and then head directly outside to the main drainage (no vents).

The plans for the dormer show an orrible new stack attached to the gable which extends up passed dormer roof level. This is a major headache as the drive is block paved and I'd rather not excavate to expose and connect into the old drainage system.

The easiest solution would be to install an internal stack which can extend vertically up from the dormer bathroom through the remaining section of the pitched roof and vertically down from to the ground floor bathroom directly below (which can be run through a conveniently positioned airing cupboard) through the floor to connect to the existing drainage.

Does an internal stack sound feasible and is the building inspector likely to go for it ?

thanks
Mick

Sponsored Links
Internal does sound feasible ...but they keep changing the regs ..in-out- etc. :confused: Ask the Build.Control Officer. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back