Draining a Sealed System?

Sorry thought you had appropriate new bits.

I think you should have bought the 6055 valve, I presume you have the

As Kev says if you re-use the old bits, use jointing paste (eg boss white) smeared onto the olive, or ptfe tape wrapped arround the olive.

If the old bit fail to work, it looks like danfoss do a special reducing nut and olive for your existing 6050 valve, so all is not lost.

take one of your new valves to a local plumbing merchants, plus one of the old glands, they will give u all the new bits you need, or order them if not ex-stock.

Sponsored Links
Im not sure which valve I have the box says 013G6006 RAS-C2 COMBI
Angled, 8/10mm Valves. I have already tried ptfe around the old gland (adaptor) all be it a small amount. So I could maybe try and pack it a bit more? Or try and fit the one from the box if its the right one?
Is it possible that the Brass bit (the gland) is a push fit?

So if I put the new nut over the pipe, then push the gland on untill it locks onto the pipe then tighten it up to the valve? In other words I would not have to worry about the olive as the nut would pass over it? Does this make sense? My Head hurts! :confused:

Sponsored Links
dave12 said:
Im not sure which valve I have the box says 013G6006 RAS-C2 COMBI
Angled, 8/10mm Valves. ?

That is the correct valve for 10mm or 8mm micro-bore pipe.

I can only imagine that one valve comes with one nut and two brass olives, one for 10mm pipe and one for 8mm pipe so you will not need one of them.

Check one of the brass olives fits snugly onto your pipe. If it does, remove the old brass olive from the pipe and the old nut. slip the new nut (turned up the correct way round so it can screw onto the valve body) on the pipe followed by the new brass olive. offer the valve body up to the pipe so it pushes on as far as it goes and tighten up the nut with a spanner, this will compress the olive onto the pipe automatically.

I have already tried ptfe around the old gland (adaptor) all be it a small amount. So I could maybe try and pack it a bit more?

Yes why not.

Thanks for your help guys, I take it brumylad that the olive you speak about is the new style reducer that kevplumb is talking about?

Anyway I Plan to try all your suggestions tomorrow night (the missus is going out! :LOL: ) so fingures crossed, hopefully it all works or Ill have to drain the system again!

Ill let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

Just to say thanks to all who helped me!

Managed to cover the reducers with ptfe tape and it seems to work a treat! (touch wood). On one of the Rads I took the olive off and fitted the new reducer and nut and that works too :LOL: Although I had to cut the pipe to make it shorter :eek:
Still never mind

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back