Draining combi boiler system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently draining down & refilling my combi boiler system after adding sentinel x400. I've done it about 5 times now & the water is not dirty but just a sort of yellow colour. How many times do I have to keep doing this as it is taking quite a while draining down each time?

Sponsored Links
Think you've done enough. X400 won't cause any damage anyway. Final drain down and add X100.

Run cold water from the filling loop into the system, turning every rad off one at a time to force water through it whilst keeping the drain cock open?

Sponsored Links
Think you've done enough. X400 won't cause any damage anyway. Final drain down and add X100.
I think I've got all the X400 out it's more the fact of how clear I have to get it as some say it's ok with the little colour to it others that it needs to be completely clear water draining out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back