Draining for Adey filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I am planning on fitting a magnetic filter to just below the combi boiler which is located on the kitchen wall in a bungalow. The boiler is the highest point in the system.
Do I need to drain the system completely or can I just drain enough to get the pressure to 0 in the boiler display before cutting the return pipe.

Thanks for any replies
Jono

Sponsored Links
As the boiler is the highest point in the system, then should be ok just draining from the boiler, however be careful of any pipework that goes up and over in the loft. Don’t forget to add inhibitor if required.

Thanks for the relpy, having measured there is not enough room between the pipe and wall to use a pipe cutter and not enough room between the pipes for a hacksaw so not sure my diy skills will be up to it.
I only want a filter as a radiator got a hole in it a couple of months ago and I partially drained the system, removed it and then didn't put inhibitor in as I expected to replace the radiator in the very near future. Unfortunately I didn't get round to it until the weekend and the water now has black particles in it.
It now has inhibitor.

Jono

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back