Draught excluder for bottom of door

5 Dec 2005
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have a 1930s ill fitting door which lets the howling wind right into the house!

I have fitted draught excluders round the top and sides, but a bit stuck with the bottom of the door, where there is a 1-8mm gap.

At the moment there is a bit of flappy material stuck to the bottom that closes the gap on the inside, but it doesn't work too well since it doesn't actually press against the door frame.

I tried out the brush-style excluders but no good since air just gets in round the edges (it doesn't seal the gap between the door and frame properly because the door is slightly proud of the frame).

What I need is something like a bit of rubber fixed to the door that exerts pressure onto the door frame and hence closing the gap but I cannot find anything like this anywhere.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Ironmongery Direct has loads of different types,send of for a very coprhensive catologue thats free, you need the type that can be fitted retro, in other words ones that can be stuck on screwed on or nailed on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links