Draught excluder strip on door - locks not shutting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought the following to line the inside of my front door frame to stop draughts

http://www.screwfix.com/p/stormguard-epdm-rubber-e-strip-white-20m/73216?_requestid=171046

It seems to have worked a little too well, and now neither the Yale Lock or the sash lock on the door will close, although I am able to pull the door shut enough to use the mortice lock.
The amount that the Yale lock is not engaging is prob 1-2mm max, with the mortice/sash out by 1mm max.

What are my options to get the other locks to also engage? I think I can do either of the following:
- Reposition the locks. Given the amount the door is now out by, this sounds like it would be more hassle as I cannot move the lock or keep by such a small distance.
- Use a metal file

Has anyone else been in this situation before? Any other ideas which might be better?

Thanks
desig

Sponsored Links
show us a photo of how you fitted the seal

brush pile strip is more accommodating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back