Draughty outward opening french doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a set of double glazed hardwood french doors opening onto a balcony. They pen outwards and there is a draught front the join between them. There is some sealing on the threshold and around the frame so don't want to add more on top of that. Any ideas what the best way to seal them better given they open outwards?

Many thanks,

Matt

Sponsored Links
We had similar problem, I tried microfibre and foam, both worked to an extent. The main issue was how to seal around the lock, just couldn't make that sealed.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Sorry I have been having serious internet issues and have only just got back online. Here are some pics of the door. Just not sure what to use to seal it up. I tried the stickyback foam stuff but the door was a pain to close and left a bigger gap at the top.
WP_20161004_16_23_46_Pro.jpg WP_20161004_16_23_55_Pro.jpg WP_20161004_16_24_21_Pro.jpg
Thanks,

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back