External UPVC door - Outward opening

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have asked a builder to install a UPVC external back door to my external garage. They are going to make the opening in the single skin non load bearing wall.

I am going to supply the door to keep the cost down (i want the whole job including builder and door to be sub £500).

Ideally I want the door to open outwards, but these seem hard to come by on a budget. Is it possible to fit an inward opening door so it opens outwards? i know the drainage will need modifying but is it otherwise a practical thing to do? I was thinking something like this door:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/double-glazed-upvc-back-door-translucent-glass-lh-840-x-2085mm/71661

Your comments would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why is it more for opening out, you will have to get one made to measure, don't thin you will get one of shelf

Coming in under £500 should be fine.
£270-£320 for the door plus a days labour.
Builders fitting doors scare me!!!

Coming in under £500 should be fine.
£270-£320 for the door plus a days labour.
Builders fitting doors scare me!!!

Do you think i should just go for a proper door/window firm?

The builder has quoted £280 + VAT. I can only find inward opening doors for about £300. That brings me to about £640. I was getting quotes from window firms of £1000 for an outward opening door.

Sponsored Links
Got to a small window/glass company. Should be able to get a open out door for about £400ish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back