Draughty sash & case wooden windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have replacement softwood doubled-glazed sash & case windows treated with sadolin extra durable woodstain that are draughty. How can I draught-proof them myself?
Fergi

Sponsored Links
I think they are called Pile weather seal(?), I can't remember, long time since I've done one, similar to the picture

PWS.jpg

I have some in my sashes, it's like the insert in Masona's pic, just fur on thin metal strip rather than brush. Some of the strips are stuck on, some are dovetailed into the extrusion (my sashes are aluminium) and short pieces (round the fasteners) have a small screw at each end. The furry strip is fixed to one of the sashes where the top of one passes the bottom pf the other, and also along the sliding surfaces where they meet the frame. It compresses well but needs enough of a gap to fit in. I don't know a supplier, though.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the 3 replies. I will contact reddiseals.co.uk
Fergi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back