Drawer frontal damaged

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
FE2E199C-84E4-458A-87B2-4DFEE7D1A4F7.jpeg
067D0C95-53FC-4E4F-9958-CC5B30CD2A04.jpeg
083D1482-EE2B-44BD-8D90-4D721E0D946E.jpeg
Hi again

We had Magnet kitchen fitted about four years ago. We noticed yesterday that one of our cutlery drawers had “dropped”. I went back to Magnet, but they won’t cover. Is there a quick fix for this? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Should be an easy fix. Appears the drawer front is still fasten correctly pointing the problem to the runner?

Start by removing the contents of the drawer and investigating the runner fixings on the left hand side. Have they come away or has one of the sliders come away from the other?

BDF7A78B-DA7E-468E-88DB-3E2B76741B6B.jpeg
67DEEC04-688C-4FFC-A83A-D2C1C2E952EF.jpeg
Should be an easy fix. Appears the drawer front is still fasten correctly pointing the problem to the runner?

Start by removing the contents of the drawer and investigating the runner fixings on the left hand side. Have they come away or has one of the sliders come away from the other?

Thanks for response. The drawer front is not fastened correctly on the left hand side. If you apply pressure, you can raise the drawer front up and down. More photos show the exposed screw holes, which I guess connect the runner to the drawer. front. Should there be bolts on that position securing the runner to the drawer?

Just can’t visualise how it works?

Thanks

Ah, those pictures are clearer. If you remove the plastic cover (dark grey) this should give you access to the fixings. Depending upon the design of the Door it will attach the drawer “body”. I would recommend popping both covers off and it should be clearer how to detach the drawer front. You can then remove it and hopefully have a better idea of how a repair can be carried out. Please send some pics once you get to that stage and we may have some suggestions

Sponsored Links
Ah, those pictures are clearer. If you remove the plastic cover (dark grey) this should give you access to the fixings. Depending upon the design of the Door it will attach the drawer “body”. I would recommend popping both covers off and it should be clearer how to detach the drawer front. You can then remove it and hopefully have a better idea of how a repair can be carried out. Please send some pics once you get to that stage and we may have some suggestions

Thanks again

I’ll have another look tomorrow
and provide pictures. When you say “pop the plastic covers”, how would. I do that?

Cheers

Thanks again

I’ll have another look tomorrow
and provide pictures. When you say “pop the plastic covers”, how would. I do that?

Cheers
Looks like just a tube fixing has fallen off ( probably screw used was too short) .The dark grey end is in two parts and a push fit , you should be able to pull apart and refit the end to the draw with a single screw then offer up the pole and slide tip across to lock .
As for lifting the draw with pressure , they will all lift with pressure , that’s how they are removed.
Some detail here

605B406E-7C36-4594-9CDE-F54D2F1CC6F1.jpeg
B4D2DA83-8186-44E4-9824-C83FE62518C7.jpeg
Hi

Popped cover to expose screws. Don’t know where to start with this. Thanks

FA3D4A72-335D-4690-8E0A-CD92F2E561B9.jpeg
Should not need to touch that , they are adjustment screws to level drawer .

Thanks again. See what you mean with grey section of pole being in two parts etc. Have exposed top section as you can see from photo. However, the pole is correctly connected to the drawer. It is the section underneath that has slipped. (Exposing the screw hole in earlier photo) This is the challenge I have to resolve.

Thanks

FBE73EF5-C74E-45D7-8FD4-926A1C4A3CC0.jpeg
B45AC6FD-E87F-49B0-9E6C-F7883A610AB2.jpeg
Update

Done some more checking. V evident that the side panel is connected to the drawer frontal damaged by two sharp spikes. It is these which have obviously detached over time. Does this suggest new drawer needed?

Ta

View attachment 178716 View attachment 178717 Update

Done some more checking. V evident that the side panel is connected to the drawer frontal damaged by two sharp spikes. It is these which have obviously detached over time. Does this suggest new drawer needed?

Ta
I think the spikes you refer too are screws, you will need to remove the draw front and reattach the draw front brackets before it’s reassembled .

I think the spikes you refer too are screws, you will need to remove the draw front and reattach the draw front brackets before it’s reassembled .

Hi

Thanks. Being really thick here. When you say remove drawer front, do you mean disconnect the one pole on the left hand side, and the pole and fixed bracket on the right hand side? I’m sure you’re right about screws, but don’t know how to access them to remove the bracket (side where still screwed in)

Cheers

They snap in on a heavy clip getting them off will require leverage and a bit of a struggle .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back