Drawer frontal damaged

They snap in on a heavy clip getting them off will require leverage and a bit of a struggle .

Maybe I should get someone in, as really confused now. When you say “they”, what exactly are you referring to in the context of my image?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Maybe I should get someone in, as really confused now. When you say “they”, what exactly are you referring to in the context of my image?

Thanks
The brackets which are screwed to the rear of the draw front ( one of yours is detached) they snap into the front of the drawer tray .

The brackets which are screwed to the rear of the draw front ( one of yours is detached) they snap into the front of the drawer tray .
Thanks . Can see what you mean. So, with some pressure, I should be able to snap the whole thing off? What I don’t get is how that then enables me to reducer the bracket st the drawer frontal end.

I’m being really thick, so please humour me.

Hi again

Not sure my last post made sense. I’m just struggling with design here.

1. The end of the bracket is screwed into door frontal and those screws have come out.

2. I can unsnap the bracket where it fits into “front of drawer tray”. (I think), but not sure how I would then get to the two screws to tighten and reconnect? It seems like the end of the bracket is sealed, so could never get screwdriver to those two screws to tighten.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
721D4755-FEE7-4F8D-8F3E-1457BB908C1F.png
Hi again

Magnet have now provided instructions for fitting the drawer fronts. Does this help?

Looking at the diagrams, the self locking bracket on the one side has just popped out of the drawer frontal. (loose screws?)

The drawer box would have been pushed into position on these brackets, so I just need to know how I pull the drawer off the brackets on the still connected side. I can then reconnect the bracket on the dodgy side and push the drawer box back on both brackets.

Can you advise thanks.

Hi Ted,

Yes, from what I can see in the diagram there are brackets that screw to the drawer front. They then “snap” into place in the drawer runner.

Previously I have popped the grey caps off to assist in releasing the clips from the drawer frame. I used a flat blade screw driver carefully on the legs of the clips to release them from position.

You will need to release the right hand side and the front should pull off, assuming the left hand side is completely loose.

Hi Ted,

Yes, from what I can see in the diagram there are brackets that screw to the drawer front. They then “snap” into place in the drawer runner.

Previously I have popped the grey caps off to assist in releasing the clips from the drawer frame. I used a flat blade screw driver carefully on the legs of the clips to release them from position.

You will need to release the right hand side and the front should pull off, assuming the left hand side is completely loose.
Hi

Many thanks. Going to have a crack tomorrow, so will let you know how I get on.

8766675A-E958-4B7A-851C-1A322468191E.jpeg
94E42BA2-E99D-49E0-B072-66D74FF3AAB4.jpeg
68000340-5DF9-4640-A0C9-BBFDD66EBC54.jpeg
Hi again

Finally managed to get drawer on. (With er indoors and son supporting)

I’ve reconnected the locking mechanism and poles. However, I think I inadvertently rotated one of the other adjusting screws, as frontal is now not flush with carcass. Do you know which adjusters I should use to rectify?

Thanks

Think it’s probably the barrel adjusters on the poles, but a bit like playing Russian Roulette.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back