Drawer level mechanism

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Trying to put together a ladder shelf and drawers but the small plastic level that detaches the drawer isn’t working.

I push it down as the instructions note but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

Im sure this is human error so please do let me know what I’m doing wrong?

thanks
Tom

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Attachments

• 8938C86C-9401-49D6-9A72-D2E0FFACD137.jpeg
    8938C86C-9401-49D6-9A72-D2E0FFACD137.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 71
No, if you only have 1 lever on one side then try to push it in the opposite direction to what it says.
You often have 1 lever on each side and some operate by pushing 1 up and the other one down or both up at the same time or both down at the same time.
You do have to hold them in position while trying to remove the drawer.

There’s nothing the other side of that photo, just metal. This is just to build the thing in the first place as I need to detach the two parts in order to screw the main part into the wood

Where did you buy it? Some manufacturers often have instructions online.

As suggested, one lever goes up, the lever on the other side goes down (or visa-versa). They are typically sold as pairs, and and are identical in all respects other than the orientation.

Pull the drawer as far as it wants to go, then do the levers. You should only need to give a slight tug to pass the locking mechanism. Note, you need to tug it whilst depressing the levers (in different directions, ie up and down) simultaneously.

Edit- when refitting the drawer, pull the arms (runners) out, line the drawer up and push it back. You should hear a click when it locks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back