Drayton Digistat 3 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I seem to be having problems with my Digistat 3 in that I have set the stat to come on at 9am at a temperature of 19. However it seems to come on at 7am. This also happens throughout the day in that it comes on at random times. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I can confirm that its the Digistat 3. I have adjusted the 4 times, 1, 2, 3 and night. They look like this: -

1 - 9:00am - 19 degress
2 - 4:00pm - 15 degrees
3 - 9:00pm - 19 degrees
4(night) - 10:30pm - 7 degrees

Silly I know but you havnt got another timer running have you.
I have, thats why Im asking

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have another timer in the boiler but thats set to 1 i.e. constantly on and the tappets are in the off position

I have another timer in the boiler but thats set to 1 i.e. constantly on and the tappets are in the off position

Q1. What make and model is the boiler and built-in timer?

A1.

Q2. How long ago did you install the Digistat?

A2.

Q3. Have you had the problem ever since you installed the Digistat or is it a new problem?

A3.

Hi,

Q1. What make and model is the boiler and built-in timer?

A1. Boiler is Baxi Combi 105 HE. Timer is grasslin

Q2. How long ago did you install the Digistat?

A2. Approximately 2 months

Q3. Have you had the problem ever since you installed the Digistat or is it a new problem?

A3. I think the problem has been there since it was installed. It was installed to replace an honeywell thermostat

Call Drayton. SOunds like it needs a Ctrl-Alt-Delete
Have known Honeywell digital stats go like this.

Presumably the Drayton is wired directly into the boiler. Have you tried disconnecting the wiring to the Grasslin timer?

Hi,

I havent tried disconnecting the wiring from the grasslin time. Not sure if that was require or else it would have already been disconnected.

I replaced an old manual honeywell stat with a new Drayton Digistat 3. Didnt make any alterations at the bolier end but just wired in the new stat

It won't do any harm disconnecting the grasslin.

If you do not have the installation manual and wiring diagrams, you can find them here:

http://85.189.44.185/Baxi/

You will be asked if you want to install an ActiveX control to view the instructions.

Have you tried resetting the Drayton? (press Set and - together and hold for two secs. This will reset the controller to the factory times and temperatures. If this works then try setting your times and temps.

If none of that works, then all points to the Drayton. Take it back to the supplier and ask them to replace it. I hope you did not buy it on an Ebay Auction :(

Hi

I did try to reset the drayton but it wouldnt reset back to factory settings. I think it may be a fault with the Drayton......

this thermostat has settings. You can set it by the whole of the weekdays and then the weekend, or by individual days. Unfortunately (and this cost me a lot in heating bills before i realised this), the individual day settings ALWAYS override the weekday settings. So you can look at the thermostat and it appears that you know what your weekday settings are. However, if you then look at the individual day settings, they may actually be different and these are the ones that actually are important. The only way I've found to truly deal with this is to individually set each day which is quite a nightmare. It's shocking design and something should be done because my heating was coming on for a whole YEAR whilst I was at work and totally unaware. It's quite outrageous

this thermostat has settings. You can set it by the whole of the weekdays and then the weekend, or by individual days. Unfortunately (and this cost me a lot in heating bills before i realised this), the individual day settings ALWAYS override the weekday settings. So you can look at the thermostat and it appears that you know what your weekday settings are. However, if you then look at the individual day settings, they may actually be different and these are the ones that actually are important. The only way I've found to truly deal with this is to individually set each day which is quite a nightmare. It's shocking design and something should be done because my heating was coming on for a whole YEAR whilst I was at work and totally unaware. It's quite outrageous

Even though you are replying to a 2year old thread, I would like to say the Digistat 3 is one of the simplest, easiest and best stats on the market.

well the technical department at Drayton agree that this is a known fault, it has been known for well over a year, and they have done nothing whatsoever to improve the design or at the very least explain this in the documentation. So, given that insiders the company themselves will admit privately that it's crap, you are prepared to say how good it is?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back