Drayton Digistat 3 Problem

well the technical department at Drayton agree that this is a known fault, it has been known for well over a year, and they have done nothing whatsoever to improve the design or at the very least explain this in the documentation. So, given that insiders the company themselves will admit privately that it's crap, you are prepared to say how good it is?

I've fitted loads, including one for my own use, with no problems.

So yes I shall stand by what I said.

Sponsored Links
It's a shocking design

Totally agree. De - commissioned mine some time ago. Doitall says he's fitted loads of these but seems unaware that they don't turn the heating off.

It's a shocking design

Totally agree. De - commissioned mine some time ago. Doitall says he's fitted loads of these but seems unaware that they don't turn the heating off.

Of course they turn off at the set temperature.

I programed mine at the club.

08:00 10c
12:00 12c
14:00 14c
16:30 16c
18:30 18c
23:00 7c

For Monday nights for home games then different for the rest of the week and weekends.

At home I have the heating on 24/7 anyway, a constant 23c, but I have cut that back this year to 21c just to see how it goes :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
This reply might be a bit late for those who have had this problem - but for future ref I think I have got to the bottom of it by speaking to technical @ Drayton -

The event number 6 is not exactly the same as a boiler off command - this temperature is what you want it to sit at overnight - so if you have it at say 19deg - then don't be surprised if the boiler comes on very early. You must set event 6 at 12deg or less - then the boiler wont come on unless its very cold - it should then work out the start time needed for your event 1 - it will fire up in advance so it hits the temperature at the time you have set (I think!) Trying this now but seems to make sense at last - hence the manual says 7deg, 10 and 16 respectively for the 3 in-built no6 events.

Not a very clear description in the manual I must say - good luck to anyone out there.

Having said this it is a great little controller - especially the holiday option!!

M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back