image.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 88
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi guys I'm back. I bought a DA5.

Before attempting to fit I've tried something.

I switched the DA5 over and both activated, switched them back and both activate.

When I manually up the temp on the upstairs thermostat the switch on the side of the DA5 with flick upwards from A to B and the lever on top movers to the left but the boiler does not engage.

I have turned the valves, both seem ok as boiler will fire when I turn them manually.

So I'm not sure if it is the DA5 fault at fault.

Could it be a fault on the boiler circuit board or the Drayton +3 controller?

Sorry for all the questions.

It is absolutely nothing to do with the boiler, get that out of your head , it is a faulty end switch on the upstairs zone valve, or a bad connection at the wiring centre from either the grey or the orange wire

Last edited:
It is absolutely nothing to do with the boiler, get that out of your head , it is a faulty end switch on the upstairs zone valve, or a bad connection at the wiring centre from either the grey or the orange wire

Hi Ian.

I switched the whole unit out. The heating is now working.
Thanks for your help and patience with me.

Hi Ian.

I switched the whole unit out. The heating is now working.
Thanks for your help and patience with me.
No problem, glad you have got it working, they can be a bit temperamental and dont always fail, sounds like your old one had a weak motor that wasnt fully opening

All working well, now to post another question in the building section. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back