Drayton LP241 : Central heating not switching off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody,

I would be extremely grateful if anyone could help me with this problem.

I have searched several forums on the subject but I couldn't find the answer. If there is one available, please accept my apologies and kindly point me to the right direction.

I have recently switched a SwitchMaster 905 Hot Water-Central Heating programmer with a Drayton LP241, because it is indicated by dozens of websites as compatible, though trivial re-wiring is needed.

According to the documentation accompanying the new timer, it just comes down to switching the terminal 1 and 4, for H/W off and C/H on.

I have done it and checked the work done many times, and everything appears to be in the correct position.

However, although the timer for the H/W is working fine, the one for the C/H isn't and the central heating always stays on, even when I put it in the "OFF" position.
The only way to switch the C/H off is to switch off the mains (the switch with the 3 Amp fuse).

I have a Y-plan system, and I have read that in this case the wire for C/H off is not needed and, indeed, it wasn't available on the SwitchMaster 905.

I would like to understand what's going on and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Sponsored Links
Does the heating turn off with the room stat?

If it does suspect a faulty programmer. Looking at the compatibility guide it appears that you are correct in how the wiring should have been altered.

Mike

Mike,

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Yes, the central heating switches on and off with the room stat.

So, bad luck apparently. I'll try to get another one.

Thank you again

Marco

Since I see that Screwfix support this forum, I am pleased to say that I went to the shop where I bought the programmer.
They acknowledged the fault and accepted to refund the amount I have paid.
I used it to buy a Drayton LP522 and everything is working properly now.

Mike, thank you very much for your invaluable help.

Sponsored Links
Not a problem. It's all to easy to spend ages chasing a problem and not realising that a new component can be faulty.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back