drayton mid position actuator

Sponsored Links
This is a common fault - I have had it twice now - see my other thread 'Drayton Mid Position Valve again'.

How long did your replacement last in May 2010?

Sponsored Links
Well at least you got five years out of it! I gave up on Drayton and fitted a Honeywell valve instead a few months ago (see other thread). So far so good. :!:

By the way a trade outlet sort of admitted that they 'have had bad batches' of these actuators. Seems to me the problem has surfaced only since Drayton decided to make the unit in two parts to make actuator replacement easier. It was a good idea but the initial tolerances (slack) seem to increase and then the 'clicking' issue starts.

It was a long while ago when they made the heads replaceable.

I have to say that they are about the worst type of actuator.

Very fiddly and plastic bits break inside after a few years when they get brittle.

Very difficult to replace the motor and I would never do that as its not worth the trouble so would just replace the whole head.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back