Drayton Mid position valve

That's what happened to mine - There's TWO springs that pull the valve across, and the pegs holding BOTH of them in the case had broken.

You may be able to hook the ends of the springs through the holes in the bottom of the case where the mounting pegs used to be.

Sponsored Links
Karl, I was surprised yesterday. I went to a dealer in a town that I don't normally get parts from and when I asked for a Honeywell actuator head the guy said , "Oh I don't think we sell them." he had a look and found one which was all they had! He said that normally the plumbers that he supplies buy the complete valve! I suppose that they don't want to turn up at a job and find that the valve is stuck and they only have an actuator. But as actuator failures are quite common, they must have enough valve bodies on their van to make it look like they have lowered suspension! ;)

i don't think their is many that will tinker about to to sus the main fault just that its a faulty valve and change the lot as you say. :rolleyes:

Amazing Seco!. They must just change the whole valve! As I'm basically of the electrical ilk I don't want to drain down a system etc etc when all that's needed is a quick actuator change!!

Sponsored Links
That's what happened to mine - There's TWO springs that pull the valve across, and the pegs holding BOTH of them in the case had broken.

You may be able to hook the ends of the springs through the holes in the bottom of the case where the mounting pegs used to be.

if its the clip-on valve head then just change it. if its the screw on type and you dont want to replace the entire valve or scavenge off a complete valve then you can make new spring posts from a 3mm bolt, two nuts and a couple of thin washers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back