Drayton Mid Position Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hot water is working fine, heating has not been working.

Just looked at the valve and (with heating on and water off) I can move the valve manually and when the indicator gets just past mid position the motor cuts in and moves it to Heating.

If \I then turn the water on it moves back to the mid position,

If I turn heating off it goes to water only. If I then turn heating on and water off it stays at water. No sound from the motor.

It has a removable actuator and one of the locating pins is missing.

Do I need a new actuator or is the problem somewhere else?

The house was built about 10 years ago so I presume it is about 10 years old.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have no power to the white wire from the wall stat.
Is the stat turned up ?

Thermostat turned right up

There is power on the white wire when I turn the heating on but the valve does not move unless i move it manually to mid when the motor takes over and moves it the last bit.

Sponsored Links
power from the white wire goes through a micro switch to drive the motor.
I reckon the micro switch is where the fault lays. there are two sets of contacts and one set is not making so motor don't work.
The second set works because motor works when powered up from the grey wire. replacing the head seems best way to resolve

Changed the head and now working correctly.

Didn't realize til I got home but Plumb Centre have given me a valve and I asked for an actuator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back