drayton mistat p710r wiring troubles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction.

Ive just attempted to replace my old thermostat with a Drayton p710r
And i only seem to have 4 wires avalible one of which is earth
Wires avalible are , according to my past thermotasts wiring diagram

Blue... Live
Brown... Neutral
Black... neutral???
Earth.

The thermostat was connected up via a box of wiring to a programmer and the boiler.
Ive connected up the Blue to Live and Brown to neutral. And the black to Call for heat.
So that leaves me with common missing.

The boiler is a he15 non combi (naff).Please can anyone point me in the right direction,,,

Sponsored Links
Your wire colours don't make any sense. Which stat did you have before, and which terminals were the wires connected to?

You won't have two neutrals. It will have live, switched live, neutral and earth.

To make matters worse, the Mistat is new and I can only find user guides online - no installation instructions. I imagine that being battery powered, it will just need live and switched live - the neutral and earth will need to be made safe. But don't take this as read. It needs to be confirmed by referring to the manufacturer's wiring instructions.

Apologies, didn't realise it was wireless. The receiver needs to have permanent L and N, which isn't available from the wires in your old stat. This supply needs to be via a 3 amp fuse, so best to locate the receiver near the wiring centre for system and use permanent L and N from the centre.

Then blue wire to 1 on receiver and brown wire to 3 on receiver. Take these connections from the wires' connections in the wiring centre.

The wires in wiring centre that go to the old stat need to be disconnected from centre and removed from wall at old stat. The new stat transmitter will either go where the old stat was located or in another suitable location of your choice.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant mate thanks.

As it stood i had the blue to live and brown to neutral, black to call for heating
It did all light up and connect just didnt actually call for heat.

Ill start again i think

Cheers

The blue and brown in 1-2 are the switching pair. put either near a neutral and you'll do damage to the boiler.

You really need to find the other end as I think you'll find brown is the live and blue is the switch live.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back