Wiring a drayton rf thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, after some advice, I have read some of your forums about wiring a rf thermostat, and still at a loose end.
I am CHanging my thermostat, I am trying to install a drayton mistat p710r but the wiring video and diagram says about connecting 4 wires, neutral, live and common and call for heating. The problem is I only have 3 wires.
I have a neutral wire, a brown wire which was connected to common and a 3rd wire which is an old earth cable with a brown sleeve on which went to sl(on) on previous thermostat.
I have tried wiring without live but no light comes on and now stuck, has anyone got any ideas???

Thanks

Chris[/b]

Sponsored Links
I have a neutral wire, a brown wire which was connected to common and a 3rd wire which is an old earth cable with a brown sleeve on which went to sl(on) on previous thermostat.
The new stat is a programmable one. Do you have an existing timer/ programmer which you are keeping? If so, does the brown wire come from the CH ON terminal of the existing timer? If it does, move it to the L terminal. This ensures the relay box will have a permanent supply.

You then connect the earth with a brown sleeve (naughty) to terminal 3 and link L to 1, as in the post above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back