Drayton RT212 TRV opinions/alternatives

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have another thread here (//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/noisy-hissing-radiators-hissing-noise-in-new-rads-or-trvs.420484/#3265881) which explains why Im asking.

I'm not trying to be greedy or selfish starting new threads but I thought this new thread with its title would be a better way to gather opinions on the Drayton RT212 TRV's. Does anyone have experience with these being noisy? It's like a soft "hissing sound, like a quieter version of a kettle just before it boils or a toilet cistern filling.

Does anyone have any TRV recommendations? I'm thinking of trying swopping to the white honeywells with the (annoying and ugly imo) green button on them in the hope that this will solve the noise.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
TRVs are generally noisy only when they are at the point of starting to close. In the other thread you say the noise is still there when the TRV is fully open.

Well the honeywell ones seem quieter. The hissing seemed to be the cheaper basc danfoss 212's. Shame about the annoying ugly green button on the honeywells!

Sponsored Links
I would steer clear of those Draytons...the turny bot on top has a habit of jamming especially with the slightest bit of dust.

All TRV's will be noisy if the differential pressure across them is too high...that's the purrpose of an automatic bypass valve (or use an eco pump with the correct settings).

Honeywell for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back