Drayton RTS1 to Moes wiring help required please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm about to replace my old RTS1 room thermostat with a new Moes version.
it should be just a simple wiring change....but confusing myself....can anyone help?

I think I'm correct in thinking that have to run a supply to the unit to keep it permanently powered for time and wifi setting etc.

I'm having trouble uploading the pix, but current Drayton RTS1 back plate has 3 wires + earth:

Live- Brown (only gets supply when central heating kicks in - which is correct)
Neutral - Black
Grey - 3 (CALL)

The new Moes that I wish to install has:

1 and 2 - Dry Contact
3 - Neutral
4 - Live

Would really appreciate any help with this

Regards
Newey

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thought the Drayton had permanent live and neutral, if so:

Live to Live
Neutral to neutral
Call to 2
Link Live to 1

good info thank you Chris
...are we taking live to live/neutral to neutral as in the new live supply cable I'm going to install becauses its stands at the moment, the live only becomes live when central heating kicks in ....and that would mean the moes would only be powered when central heating clicks on
regards
Newey

If it only becomes live when the heating is on, the yes, separate supplies would be needed.

Sponsored Links
Brill.....thats so helpful.

confirming....
New cable to L & N on new controller (to keep it powered) and I'm assuming the original live to 1 and CALL to 2....therefore ditching the remaining neutral?

Newey

All powered up perfectly thank you guys......the wifi connection instructions are pretty poor.....they recommend using the Smart Life app......doesn't appear to have smart thermostat in the list .....any suggestions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back