Drayton Tempus replace with Nest Heatlink

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Hi All,
I'm looking to replace my Drayton Tempus programmer to Nest Heatlink, but I'm unsure of the wiring, can anyone help please?

Attached photo is my current wiring.

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-02 at 10.59.37 PM.jpeg

22.png

Drayton Tempus programmer
2 Blue and 1 Gary in N
2 Brown and 1 Black in L
1 Black in terminal 3
1 Gary in terminal 4
1 “Earth”

What I am thinking is
N: 2 Blue and 1 Gary to Nest N
L : 2 Brown and 1 Black in L to Nest L
terminal 3: 1 Black to Nest terminal 6
terminal 4: 1 Gary to Nest terminal 4
Earth to Nest Earth
Finally, add wires to connect Nest terminal 2 & 5 to L

Does it correct?

And I have a room thermostat outside my kitchen, the photo of the wiring is

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-02 at 10.59.34 PM.jpeg

23.png

I am not sure how to handle it. Should I need to trace the wires from room thermostat to the origin? Any other easy way can advise me?

Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If you have a wiring center the heat link would probably be better installed near that and then you can utilise the thermostat wiring.

I am not sure how to handle it. Should I need to trace the wires from room thermostat to the origin?
That is the best way but the easiest way if you are leaving the thermostat there to cover that hole in the back just put the wires in L&3 into the same terminal and the thermostat is by-passed

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thank you for your reply, I think I will use the easy way this winter first.
And is it okay if I replace the existing room thermostat with a junction box that puts L&3 wires together?
how to handle the N?

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your reply, I think I will use the easy way this winter first.
And is it okay if I replace the existing room thermostat with a junction box that puts L&3 wires together?
how to handle the N?
yes thats fine just put the L&3 into one terminal strip and the neutral into another and wrap with insualation tape

Thank you so much. I will try it at this weekend.
And may i ask for your help to check if the wiring below is correct that for the Heatlink

What I am thinking is
N: 2 Blue and 1 Gary to Nest N
L : 2 Brown and 1 Black in L to Nest L
terminal 3: 1 Black to Nest terminal 6
terminal 4: 1 Gary to Nest terminal 4
Earth to Nest Earth
Finally, add wires to connect Nest terminal 2 & 5 to L

After study the Heatlink menu, i think the Grey wire in terminal 4 need to connect to Nest terminal 3 insteed of Nest terminal 4, as it is for the Heating, is it correct?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
After study the Heatlink menu, i think the Grey wire in terminal 4 need to connect to Nest terminal 3 insteed of Nest terminal 4, as it is for the Heating, is it correct?
Yes, apologies, should have spotted that.

I have finished the installation, the heating function look good after using Nest testing function, however the hotwater function seem not work.

When i boosting the hotwater by app, my boiler seem not working...there is no any sound and the burner light have not turn on...

Any idea about it?

Thank you so munch

Have you checked all the wiring? Did you lower the cylinder thermostat? Is the cylinder thermostat already satisfied?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back