Drayton Thermostat wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to replace an old Honeywell T6360 thermostat with a new Drayton Digistat 3 programmable stat. In the new stat there is a 3 terminal connection block (sited vertically). I connected my wires to the block with
Yellow (top)
Red (middle)
Blue (bottom)
everything appears OK for a while and then after some time the earth trips (and my power goes off).
I have obviously wired the block wrong. Can anybody tell me the correct order, from top down (which colour goes at the top, middle, and and bottom).
Thanks

Sponsored Links
How were the wires connected to the old thermostat?

My guess is that the blue wire is the neutral and you do not need that in the digistat.

Put red on terminal marked C
yellow on terminal marked ON
nothing on terminal marked OFF
insulate the blue in a bit of terminal block.

Should work then!

edited since I looked at the wiring diagram!

Webbe1g

Please only ask questions on the forum. That is what the "post reply" button is for,
If you send private message then you've only got one chance of one person looking at the post (if he/she can be bothered) if you post it on the forum then everyone can see it.

Now I am going to answer your question, and nobody else will know what the question was.

Surely your Digistat came with instructions. You'll have no chance of operating it if you do not have them.
If you have lost them there is a set here http://www.avenuesupplies.co.uk/index.php?id=876&pid=5893&sid=1
Scroll down and there's a link to the pdf.

Its clear that the terminals are as I have listed them in my post above

C
ON
OFF

Now, I am assuming that the blue wire is the neutral (it may not be) and also that your incorect wiring has not blown a fuse (it may have).

Connect up as above and then follow the instructions for manual mode to wind the stat up so it asks the boiler to start.
The boiler may not start if you have a programmer and CH its switched off at the present time.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back