Drayton wireless receiver ..removed from boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ..I've removed the Drayton receiver from my baxi combI boiler
Completely removed the wiring but the CH is not responding to the original timer although it's working ..help !!!!

Sponsored Links
the wireless receiver will have had probably 4 wires to it a L a N and the other two are the switch wires you need to link these two wires

No I've completely removed the Drayton from the boiler ..all wires ..this is the original timer on the boiler that's working but not allowing me to turn on the CH ....

what wiring did you use to connect the replacement clock up and what terminals have you wired it to , a pic would help

Sponsored Links
The original timer on the boiler ...it shows time and programmes ..didn't need rewiring as it was still connected ...it's the Drayton wiring I've removed ...

Then you will have to link out the switch wires for the thermostat as already advised, which Baxi boiler do you have ?

It's a baxi combI 80 ..the wiring for the timer is wired in to the switched on the board ..the Drayton was wired into the switches on the far left looking at it ...do you mean transferring the wiring for those you be stated to the switches where the Drayton wiring came out ?

the replacement time clock must switch between terminals 1+2 on the boiler

Think I've confused you ...it's not a replacement it's the original timer from the start ..a Drayton was added later ..this I've taken out ...

So what you are saying is that where the original timer is now wired in ..needs to be rewired back to where the Drayton wires came out ?

Sorry for the confusion

The drayton would have interuppted the clock wiring, your clock will have a live and a neutral for the motor or display supply and another two wires, these two wires must connect between terminals 1+2 on the boilers connection strip, if you just put a link between terminals 1+2 then your heating will work but the clock wont till you can get someone who knows what they are doing to have a look at it for you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back