Drayton wiser 2 channel / drayton lifestyle LP111

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I hope someone can help on here with this problem, I'll try and explain as best I can.

I have a glowworm boiler (non combi) with a water heater tank in one of bedrooms, it's controlled by a drayton lifestyle LP111, it works faultlessly with the only issue is I don't have a thermostat so water temperature has always been controlled by the setting on the boiler it's self, now this is the part that's a bit different to other systems I've seen, when the boiler is on if I want heating I turn a manual valve in the same cupboard as the tank, the valve just has heat on / heat off.

Anyway I've recently managed to aquire a drayton wiser kit 2 which is a 2 channel system for non combi boilers like mine, I've swapped over the controller no problem paired the thermostat and everything is OK apart from one thing.
Via the app or on the controller panel itself I can not get the boiler to fire up if I used the thermostat or "heating" on the controller panel, the light will come on the same in the wiser app if I increase the thermostat temperature is actives the receiver and the light comes on again to say is working but the boiler stays off, if I use the hot water button/app request the boiler fires up fine, this makes me think my old controller was only wire for 1 channel (hot water)
I hope that made some kind of sense.

My question is can I bridge across so when the controller receives the heating/thermostat information as it currently does it actually switches the boiler on, or do I have to move the current single channel wires from hot water over to central heating.

Again I hope that makes sense and I really appreciate anyone's help.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you need the plumbing altering to include at least a motorised valve for the heating to replace the manual one, and likely some other alterations as well.

Thanks for the reply.

Would it not be possible to alter the wiring on the controller back plate so the thermostat/ heating controls the boiler, I'd be OK with the "hot water" not operating, basically I want to swap the channel from hot water to heating.
Thanks

Last edited:
This is the current wiring to the back plate, could anyone please tell me what I need to change so the thermostat/heating switches on the boiler, thanks
20171203_174533.jpg

Sponsored Links
The wiring posted is as if it was a single channel programmer. For heating only move the black to 4. The brown link from L to 1 shouldn't be there. The functionality will still be poor though, I'd recommend having the plumbing properly altered.

The wiring posted is as if it was a single channel programmer. For heating only move the black to 4. The brown link from L to 1 shouldn't be there. The functionality will still be poor though, I'd recommend having the plumbing properly altered.

Thanks for that, I agree I will get a plumber to alter it properly in the near future I just need to do it this way temporarily.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back