Drayton wiser hub install to replace Honeywell BDR91

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i’ve just invested in a Drayton Wiser smart thermostat and am considering whether this is something I can install myself. My boiler (combi) is less than 2 years old and is controlled by a wireless Honeywell thermostat at present. The receiver I need to replace is a Honeywell BDR91 wireless receiver which is located next to my boiler. Does anyone have any experience of replacing one of these with a Drayton wiser hub? Is it easy? Are there any instructions anyone can point me to?

Many thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
It's just a matter of moving the existing wires from the BDR91 to the the terminals of the Drayton that have exactly the same function.

The BDR is:

bdr.JPG

The Drayton Single Channel (Combi) version is:

wiser.JPG

So from the above diagrams:

BDR N = Wiser N
BDR L1 & L2 = Wiser L
BDR A = Wiser COM
BDR B = Wiser 3

There shouldn't be a wire in BDR C, that's normal.

Only if there is presently a link inserted between L & A at the BDR, will you also need to fit the link between L & COM at the Drayton. Do not fit the link if it's not there already.

Thanks so much. I will give this a go over the weekend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back