Drayton wiser install help please !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
New to the forum so hoping for some help please.
I am looking to install a Drayton Wiser smart heating system via my combo boiler, which is an Ideal Logic ES35.
I have 2 separate heating channels - one for the lounge with a wired thermostat in there, and the other wired thermostat in the downstairs hallway which controls heating to the rest of the house.
As a result I bought a Wiser thermostat kit 3, following advice from Drayton themselves, due to this having 2 separate heating channels (and a hot water channel which i believe will sit unused due to having a combo boiler).
The wired thermostats are identically wired, and have a brown live and black load connected, with a grey that is isolated (not connected) and yellow/green earth also unconnected at the thermostat ends (see photo).

I have also taken a photo of wires entering the boiler (see below).

I believe the Wiser ‘hub’ is connected to the boiler which I am planning on mounting underneath it, and the wall thermostats replace the wired thermostats (with current wires just disconnected/isolated).

Please can someone advise which wires are connected from the boiler to the hub (see hub plate reversed below).

Also wondering if the opentherm can/should be connected? (Small grey connector bottom left on heat hub).

Obviously the boiler and electricity will be turned off before I install anything.

I appreciate it’s easy for me to call a gas installer for this and for you guys to tell me to do this, but like doing things like this myself when it’s likely to be straight forward and helps with my understanding of systems and if I ever need to install again elsewhere, so I’d really appreciate constructive installation help.

Many thanks in advance guys.
EBB75CC0-5AF1-45FE-A6B3-5460DCBAC680.jpeg
A1156E63-BD1A-4543-837E-D55E837B65CA.jpeg
B4FC0635-BFE2-40A1-B4A4-B88DF914A3D2.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Apologies Terry - don’t know why I put that as there’s not an N in sight near the black cable. I will amend. Appreciate your reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back