Drayton Wiser install with Worcester Bosch CDI30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for advice to confirm how to wire up a new Drayton Wiser 1 channel smart thermostat to a Worcester Bosch CDI30. This will replaces an existing Drayton LP20RF dual channel digistat and wireless thermostat (easily removed).

As there’s no existing wall plate I need to wire this in.

Great to get confirmation of my understanding on the wiring for this (shown in my crudely drawn diagram)

Basically am I right in doing the following

From wall plate To boiler
N To N
L To L
Common (1) To Ls (Live switch)
Heating on (3) To Lr (live return)
Earth To Earth

I know I need to remove the bridge too.

Images of the boiler connectors and wall plate also included as might be helpful

Thanks for the help!
Steve

1AF35AAD-E74D-4D94-A9DB-B7C5399F12BC.jpeg F21BE9C7-BA2F-4869-9CA7-DB884D358113.png A2268599-AF1C-428C-86D1-1B0CE0699236.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Your drawing of the wiring connections as you show them would work OK. However, as Ls and Ns provide a 'Live Supply' and 'Neutral Supply' specifically for remote controls, I would connect it like this. It's easier than trying to get two wires in the boiler N & L terminals.

Hive Model (1).jpg

You should be careful with some combi boilers though. If yours is of a design where you have to open up a room sealed part of the boiler to access the wiring terminals, this is not a DIY job and should only be done by an RGI who can carry out the appropriate safety checks afterwards to make sure it is properly sealed up again afterwards. Unfortunately I don't know if your model of boiler falls into this category or not.

Last edited:
Thanks Stem. That makes a lot more sense to link the Live and Common (and a much smarter diagram to mine).

Thankfully no sealed parts to access in the boiler. The terminals are easy to access, just under a standard cover plate.

Appreciate the help!

Sponsored Links
Would this wiring diagram work for a Greensted 30SI with Drayton wiser 1, and do you have to remove anything as mine is already on a wireless thermastat

If you post details of your existing wireless stat and the wires connected to it, someone will be able to advise how to swap it for a Drayton Wiser.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back