Drayton Wiser - Wiring Help

Yes it was working fine with the worcester thermostat. There isn't anywhere to decommission the worcester thermostat, you just have to pull out the RF card like I said.

I didn't wire any of this, my electrician did when we had the house re-wired. So I cannot comment on what or how he has wired it up.

It was originally set up to use the wiser but as I said before, it wouldn't switch the boiler on when you gave it a command to do so via the app. So I looked in the worcester manual to convert it back to be able to use the worcester thermostat. This involved removing the switch wire to the yellow heating block and putting a link in so the worcester start would work again.

Please see attached drawing showing how it should be wired. Unfortunately I'm not an electrician, I'm a mechanical engineer so only know a little basic electrical but not enough in this case.

To me it looks like instead of running two cables to the boiler from hub, they have linked them together in the fuse spur to enable them to only run one to the boiler.

It states to remove both links and put the switch wire into the yellow heating block and it should work but it doesn't.
Are you able to see if a voltage is present on the yellow heating block when the Wiser calls for heat? In the case of a Combi there is only one switching connection from the Wiser on #3. The other Wiser connections provide power (L & N) plus the link between L & 1 in your case.

It states to remove both links and put the switch wire into the yellow heating block and it should work but it doesn't.
Whilst I'm no heating engineer.. The manual indicates

The Switch Live from the external equipment [3]:
– Heating/zone controls connects to (LR terminal, remove CH pre-wired link only.
– Control for appliance Pre-heat function, optional. Hot water time controller connects to * LR terminal, remove pre-wired link (only use when a Worcester controller has been fitted that does not have DHW pre-heat time control available or no Worcester controller fitted)

I'm unclear if the second part means the link should be present for the Wiser. You don't have a "Worcester controller fitted".

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help all, I will give it a go later on and let you know how it goes!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back