Drayton Wiser To Glowworm Flexicom 30cx wiring check

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Was hoping that someone would be able to confirm if these two wiring posistions are correct, I have a Glowworm Flexicom 30cx combi boiler and will be installing a Drayton Wiser kit 1 to help with heating bills from what i can make out there is two ways to wire this in.
Would a L N from the boiler wiring cartridge to the Drayton hubr and then 1 hubr to Switch Live on the boiler and 3 hubr to frost stat on the boiler, would that work?

Other way is L N from boiler to hubr and hubr 1 to 24v and hubr 3 to 0v volt free contacts, would both these work or only one? For some reason i cannot get the Boiler pdf image of wiring to display in the thread but if you click on it you will see the diagram

Many Thanks for any guidance given
mceclip1.png

Attachments

• Image_20221202_0001.pdf
    48.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Personally I would use the open therm connections on your boiler and the hub r. Be careful opening your boiler though, as some need to be checked for safety afterward.

Ah so OTC 1 to Hubr 1 and OTC 2 to Hubr 3 as well as the L & N would work ok? didnt really think about that although i swear i have read that the Glow worm needs another part to use opentherm, But could of got mixed up, thankfully i wont have to open the boiler as the electrical cartridge is accessible underneath.

Sorry, my mistake, thought it was opentherm, but that’s the weather comp connector.

Sponsored Links
No problem, out of the two options what would you say is the best? or would both not work.

Just want to get it right without any problems.

Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back