Drayton wiser wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just bought a Drayton wiser to replace my Lifestyle LP241. The old controller had a universal backplate and the central heating is controlled by a wall thermostat.

Can people just help me make sure I get the new wiring correct? Want to disconnect the thermostat as suggested in the wiser instructions.

Currently the thermostat has a yellow wire going from the call terminal. There is a yellow wire to no 4 on the back plate for HW on which I guess is the other end of this wire. If I disconnect this from the back plate do I need something else going to no 4? There is mention in the instructions of a bridge between the thermostat common and call. They also state all wires for the thermostat should be removed from the wall plate. So where should this bridge go and will any of the other wires in the backplate relate to the thermostat? E.g. do the L and N go to the L and N of the thermostat?

Pictures of current setup attached

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• 20190825_153521.jpg
    20190825_153521.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 485
  • 20190825_142213.jpg
    20190825_142213.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 588
  • 20190825_142202.jpg
    20190825_142202.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 555
  • 20190825_153745.jpg
    20190825_153745.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 475
Sponsored Links
Because the Wiser carries out the functions of the room thermostat as well as the programmer functions, the old wired thermostat needs to be decommissioned properly to prevent it overriding the Wiser. It can't simply be disconnected as this would leave the heating wiring 'open circuit' and it will not operate. The thermostat can be decommissioned in three ways, in order of professionalism, they are.

1. Find the origin of the cable going to the room thermostat. Note where the wires are connected and then disconnect the entire cable and remove it. Then insert a wire link between the terminals where the two switching wires (red and yellow) have just been removed from.

2. Remove the existing thermostat and replace it with a junction box, connect the two switching wires together (red and yellow) and isolate the neutral (blue)

3. Leave the existing room thermostat in place, and put both of the switching wires (red and yellow) in terminal L.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back