Drayton ZA5 Two Port Valve Actuator - faulty switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know of a source for the microswitch inside the Dayton ZA5 actuator? I can see that the switch as fitted has extra terminals to link incoming Live and N to the synchronous motor, but if the new switch didn't have these it would be easy enough to join these in some other way like solder and heatshrink.

So really just a microswitch with the same dimensions and rating would be needed.

Thanks, Tony S

Sponsored Links
the switch has nothing to do with the Synchron motor, it is simply a switch , has permanent live to one terminal and when made sends a switched live to the unit controlled by the valve, usually the boiler but not always, the micro switch NEVER has a Neutral do not connect a neutral any where near it

Maybe I need a picture to illustrate, and I can't do that just now. However to explain the L and N cores of the five core flex terminate with what looks like female spade terminals. So do the two leads from the motor, also with female connectors. The connections between these female are made on a fittings physically connected to the switch. See this screenshot from Youtube, the two dull red wires go to the motor and you can see the brown L and blue N. A picture from a different angle might help explain it ..

Screenshot_49.png

Sponsored Links
Quick update as I had a chance to look at this again. That section with the L and N connections is a separate plastic piece bridging and retaining the actual switch

Drayton 1 Screenshot_1.png

Underneath is a perfectly ordinary microswitch ..

Drayton 2 Screenshot_1.png

and the RS part that was suggested by Alec is a direct replacement ...

Drayton 3 Screenshot_1.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back