Wiring for Drayton ZA5 Zone Valve Actuator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My plumber and (not very experienced) electrician friend have fitted a Drayton ZA5 Zone Valve Actuator and center ehe0200155 room thermostat to control a single radiator zone.

However in order to switch the rad on you have to turn the thermostat down, and conversely to switch the rad off the thermostat has to be high. ie arse over tit!

I took the cover off the stat and found that terminal 4 (which appears to be the switched live) is live when you turn the thermostat down, and not when the thermostat is turned up high. This is consistent with what is happening at the zone valve, but is not what is needed. I took the cover off another (campini) room stat, and it did not work this way, but did what you would expect, ie switched live became live when you turn the thermostat up.

Anybody got any idea what is going on here?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Switch off the power.

Verify L to 1, N to 2 and E to E.

Move the wire from 4 to 3.

That's fantastic - worked like a dream - problem solved!

So simple, yet this had baffled the manufacturer of valve, manufacturer of stat, guy who fitted it, and me ...

I'm very grateful.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back