Dreaded PRD in showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I only was aware of this issue when I fitted my trusty old shower head to my recently fitted
10.5 kw Gainsborough SE shower.
I had a Gainsborough EL 900 for years and swapped and changed the hose & head many times eventually finding a decent set up that gave good pressure for our daily shower.

So I fit the old shower head, that I used for years on my older EL 900, only for the water to start spewing out the back of the shower within ten minutes of use !

I am seriously considering buying the parts to repair the old EL900 as I have been told that most showers have this "safety" device installed now.

I would like to know if every modern shower uses this method and if so which has the cheapest & easiest replacement prd to fit.

Sponsored Links
Someone ebay sells the rubber balls for a few quid so that you can repair the prv in the shower. Use the hose and head that came with the shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back