Drill bit holder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I recall, you asked about impact drivers in another thread for building studwork, which I posted on.

To put up the stud work, you need 70mm screws, and just drive them, without any pilot holes. The impact driver will be excellent for this, and very fast.

So I think you have misunderstood the purpose of the tool, but when you get started you will be pleasantly surprised.

You will however still need a drill driver as part of a decent tool set!

I recall, you asked about impact drivers in another thread for building studwork, which I posted on.

To put up the stud work, you need 70mm screws, and just drive them, without any pilot holes. The impact driver will be excellent for this, and very fast.

So I think you have misunderstood the purpose of the tool, but when you get started you will be pleasantly surprised.

You will however still need a drill driver as part of a decent tool set!

Yes i did get the wrong end of stick i thought id need to drill a pilot hole - thanks to the first comment - i get some of them then

Sponsored Links
Its a good bit set, and seems to be on offer which is extra good news!

Little tip, as I was stumped at first. To fit the bit into the driver, you need to pull the collar forward on the driver as you slip the bit in. I didn't notice this, so the bit kept falling out! I expected it to click in, which it doesnt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back