small impact driver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a small 10.8v impact and drill set. The impact driver for mechanical use and drill for light use, i.e fitting my kitchen. I have seen the Makita set for around 125 quid , but have also seen the Draper set for £75. The specs are a bit thin on the Draper set but the only comparison I can find is that the Draper impact driver has 98Nm of torque ant the Makita has 90Nm of torque. On the other hand the makita has 1.3aH bats and the draper 1.1 Amp batts. A;so seen a youtube where the makita kills a bosch on drilling power so don't really know what to buy.

Sponsored Links
You also need to look at things like type of battery and charge times. If it's just for the one kitchen the Draper may suffice but at nearly half the price of the Makita set it's not going to be the same quality.

check the charging time

do not use an impact on small screws no8/4.5mm plus an impact is a brilliant tool but is difficult to tighten small screws without stripping the carcase

check the charging time for the draper suspect it will be 3hrs

i personally have the bosch 10.8v kit and cant fault it the newer impact is much more powerfull than the older one so perhaps the have compared it to the old one
remember you can get an angle drill driver with the bosch
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=b...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I've got the AEG set. The drill is OK for little jobs but does stall easily when you over-do it. The impact driver is fantastic. 6 inch screws straight into solid oak. I even use it on the car with a 3/8 adapter. About £130 including fast charger.

As above you need a fast charger as they get through the little batteries pretty quickly.

Sponsored Links
I've got the Bosch 10.8v unit. 105Nm of torque, 1.3 Ah batteries

I don't know how it compares with those other two, but it is very compact and very well balanced. And it has a light!

I've got the bosch too. I couldn't live without it now.

My mate has the makita one and to be honest there's very little between them, except his is physically a bit smaller.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back