Makita 6270 12V drill/impact driver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm considering getting a kit of a makita 6270 12v drill, and impact driver, seems pretty good value for money.
But it only includes 1.3ah nicad batts, does anyone know if the 2ah or nimh batts will be compatible? if so I can get them at a later date when funds allow.
I'm only really going to use it for light dutys and putting in screws, got my 18v xrp dewalt for the drilling, but its a bit heavy for some jobs.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why not get a 12v dewalt?
theres loads of people selling split down kits on fleabay with a battery or two, then you don't need another charger...

Why not get a 12v dewalt?
theres loads of people selling split down kits on fleabay with a battery or two, then you don't need another charger...

Mainly due to cost, to get the equivilant dewalt would cost around £50 more.
And tbh i'm a little disappointed with the dewalt reliability.
My SDS drill burnt out, and went back for a refund as they couldnt replace due to not having any in stock.
The brushes in my XRP 18 volt are knackered, and its only just over a year old, has had reasonably heavy DIY use, but i'd have thought better for a professional bit of kit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, but the makita one is the same price, so I think that would make more sense really.

hi . i have that set bought them about 6 months ago they are a good buy nice and light to use i use them every day at work and a few weekend days doing the decking . iv got dewalt drills too and hardly use them now . id say buy them you wont regret it . im unsure about the larger batteries one of my work mates has the 2.0 in his same drills ..
mart

Sure you already know the answer by now but you can use any Makita 12V NiCD or NiMH battery in the 6270. If you can get 2.0Ah NiMH batteries they will offer the best performance.
Check our shop [removed] as we sometimes offer batteries to suit for sale, otherwise eBay is always a good source but buy genuine Makita batteries rather than generic replacements as the Makita backup is excellent if you should have any problems.

I have the 12v makita and it is the drill I use the most. In fact I bought another as it was going cheap at B and queue. Can't fault it as a light reliable drill driver. Only got 1.3 nicads but as long as you totally discharge them it's not a problem.

I use the 6280 14.4 model for light screwing ;)

You can get 1.3ah upto 3.0ah for this making it perfect for an 10 hour shift.

Al

I use the 6280 14.4 model for light screwing ;)

You can get 1.3ah upto 3.0ah for this making it perfect for an 10 hour shift.

Al
I agree there...I use the same drill for most my work its light well made and delivers plenty of torque

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back