Drill bit to use for 3 core 0.75 power cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I need to drill through my outside wall , into the house , to fit an outside light , my power cable is 3 core flex cable 3183y 0.75mm , i have a drill bit which is obviously very long , which i have used before to drill from in to out , but this drill bit would be far to big a hole for this cable to come through

Has anyone got any advice on what drill bit size i can use to ensure a nice finish ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If you are going to use 20mm conduit, then you'll need a 22mm bit or larger for clearance.
You are maybe thinking about cable glands, but these are for use in boxes usually.....I just bung the hole up with silicone.
John :)

Hi John

what size conduit do i need if my drill bit is 10mm ?

If my drill bit is 10mm is this OK for my power cable?

I was thinking of the cable gland ? that fits in the hole with a circle on the end which tidys up the hole made from inside?

Outside , i dont mind sealing with silicone too much!

sorry for all questions! i want it to look tidy as my wife is a stickler!

Owain is bang on the money with the wall grommet!
For conduit, you'll need a bigger drill than the 10mm one, but you will be able to pass the cable through by itself, and then use the wall grommet.
Stick the grommet in with silicone if you need to.
John :)

cheers
will do that , should look a little neater in any event and would rather not use a bigger drill bit than absolutley necessary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back