Drill for around or under £50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am new to this forum and I am just looking for a bit of advice on buying a drill.

I am looking for one for general use, for around or under £50, preferably reduced from a higher price. I have a couple which I am thinking of getting

This Lamborghini Tonino Combi Wireless for £52
http://www.base.com/buy/product/ton...ckel-cadmium-batteries/dgc-gad-ton-124963.htm

And this Bosch PSB 550 RE Impact Drill
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-PSB-5...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=diy&qid=1300359475&sr=1-1

As you can see, i'm pretty undecided on cordless/corded, combi or not. I'm just looking for a drill which will last and suitable for most average jobs.

Thanks for you help, any comments on these two drills or recommendations of others would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
That first one will be crap, and unless gets regular use you will pull it out of the cupboard one day to find the batteries are shagged.
The bosch wins out of the two, will be fine for putting up shelves and drilling wood and metal etc. consider getting a cordless screwdriver as well, lidl have a good value one in next week for £15.

Thanks for your reply. The reviews of the first one were quite good on amazon. Yeah, thats the reason I was thinking or getting corded.

I have been recommended Lidl and Aldi, but I cant see the cordless screw driver on their website, how did you find it?

Sponsored Links
yeah I heard bosch are good. But would you say thats the best I can get for my price range?

Also is it a combi drills as it says hammer drill in the title but its also capable of 'standard' drilling which I will be using it for mostly

'Combi' typically refers to a drill-driver/percussion, which that is not (you do not want to drive screws with a drill like that). But yes, you can turn the percussion off.

I just went to pick up a Worx revohammer from b and q, couldnt say no for £30!

thanks for everyone input

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back