Drill recommedation

Similarly my drill was made in UK (or at least assembled in Telford) and my impact driver is Japanese (and I have an American-made saw, too). All Makita

Many thanks for the feedback, out of interest I would have a little look to see where stuff is made.....
It isnt easy to know which model is made where as most of the brands have factories in multiple countries.
I get the impression that the newer budget models maybe China built.

Makita: operates factories in Brazil, China,Japan, Mexico, Romania, the United Kingdom, Germany, Dubai, Rwanda and the United States

Dewalt: United States, Mexico, Brazil, China, Italy, United Kingdom, and the Czech Republic

Bosch: Most of their products are made in Malaysia, Mexico, Taiwan, and China but there are still some productsmanufactured in Europe; specifically Germany and Switzerland

Milwaukee are made in various countries, including China where they have a big factory: Techtronic Asia Co., Ltd

Sponsored Links
Milwaukee are made in various countries, including China where they have a big factory: Techtronic Asia Co., Ltd
Maybe worth noting that a lot of Mikwaukee stuff (especially their cordless stuff) is/was designed in Germany (Winnenden) by the former AEG company. I have a Milwaukee recip saw (mains) made in Germany

I used to be a makita fan but now their stuff seems to be made cheaper now. Bosch the blue industrial stuff has never let me down plus it's a three year warranty.

Makita batteries don't seem to last compared with Bosch I've still got bosch batteries going strong from 2005 !

How long since you had Makita? At one time I'd have said that you needed to be careful with their batteries and nurse them a bit because their chargers were overly-sensitive back in the days of "B" series tools, marking batteries as "bad" far too readily for even the most minor of issues (such as having been slightly overheated). The current "D" series tools (now approaching 8 or 9 years old) combined with the current batteries (about 5 or 6 years?) have protection circuitry built-in which protects the battery from overheating, etc and makes them pretty difficult to kill. In trade use I didn't use to expect more than about 3 years out of a battery (and that's all I got out of the Bosch cordless SDS and DW nailers I used to have). Currently my oldest Makita battery is 5 years old and still going strong, albeit at reduced capacity (and ALL Li-Ion batteries have diminishing capacity over time regardless of maker) and I have two which are now 4 years old as well

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Hi,
Please let me know which one is latest model in the below two models

DEWALT DCD776D2T- GB 18V 2.0AH LI-ION XR CORDLESS COMBI DRILL

(OR)

DeWalt DCD776C1-GB Cordless 18V Li-Ion Combi Drill 1 Battery

which one is good that I buy?

Thanks,

Looks at secondhand market, lots to choose from, got a pair of dewalt 18v li-ion drills [combi and impact driver]with batteries and charger for £150.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back