Choosing Einhell drill and multi tool

the tool is working correctly based on your video, its supposed to move , IMPACT
look at 39-43secs here
i pretty much use a magnetic extension all the time, with the small bits, but have quite. few 50mm length bits

Sponsored Links
That is normal. It is an impact driver, the holder is supposed to be free to bounce back and forth.

Ah OK. I thought the tool itself, like the collar part going into the body, was meant to move back and forth, which it does as you can see in the video, but not the bit (or extension) within the collar as well.

So I either need a different extension, or longer bits, but hopefully I just need the right extension rather than having to get all new bits.
You always need a bit holder to use a 25mm bit in an impact driver, otherwise you may find the bit jamming in the chuck and refusing to come out! You can get 50mm bits, but TBH they aren't worth it other than maybe a PZD#2 for screws stuck down 'oles

Last edited by a moderator:
if the bits are of moderate quality or above, they should have the steel alloy identification stamped on them. good hand tools are usually CrV (chrome vanadium) alloy, a durable combination of hardness and toughness. Usually bright, shiny and silvery

Impact driver bits wear out fast, so are made of CrMo (Chrome-Molybdenum) alloy, which is harder and stronger. They should also be thicker and heavier. Usually dull dark grey matt.

very cheap tool s may be made of carbon steel, which is rubbish.

Yeah, none of my bits have got any quality ID stamped on them.

I've got the following bits.

Set 1: T10, T15, T25, S4, S5, S6, PH1, PH3

Set 2: T10, T15, T20, T25, T30, S5, S7, PH1

Bosch Set: PH0, PH1, PH2, PZ1, PZ2, S4, T10, T20, HEX4, HEX5

Socket Set: 4mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 9mm, 10mm, 11mm, 3/16, 1/4

Sponsored Links
This one is damaged:

Driver Bits.jpg

Throw it away - damaged bits can damage the screw heads, slip off screws or break and you run the risk of injury when any of those things happens

Don't use the sockets on the impact driver unless you like rounded nuts

I think you can assume the silvery looking ones are unsuitable

the matt, dark ones may be correct. Are they thicker and heavier?

I use ordinary cr-v sockets in a drill/driver at low speed. Not for impact.

I think all mine are stamped with the alloy i.d.

AFAIK only budget tools are unmarked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back