Drill Wobble?

Sponsored Links
I did send it back - and it was stolen in the post. I've now had a refund in full from the carrier, and all is well. I bought a Makita percussion drill instead, and it doesn't wobble like that at all.

I did send it back - and it was stolen in the post. I've now had a refund in full from the carrier, and all is well. I bought a Makita percussion drill instead, and it doesn't wobble like that at all.

It wouldn't, a percussion drill doesn't work the same way. :)

It wouldn't, a percussion drill doesn't work the same way. :)

Yep, that's why I went for that. I only took the SDS Hammer drill because it was available at the same price as a percussion. I thought I was getting an added extra, rather than either a drill that can be made to be a normal drill, but works badly.

I'll never really know if it was faulty or not... most people say yes, some say no.

I guess it doesn't matter now!

Sponsored Links
An SDS is a drill for a specific purpose, yes.

There are some which can be properly converted to work as a normal drill, they're very expensive (Bosch do a few, mostly high end cordless). An SDS is a great tool to have, but not the only tool to have.

There are some which can be properly converted to work as a normal drill, they're very expensive

Yeah we use the GBH 2-26 DFR now superceded by the GBH 2-28 DFV.
Quality drills and wobble the same as the op's drill in sds mode.
Not much change out of £200 quid for these machines.

There are some which can be properly converted to work as a normal drill, they're very expensive

Yeah we use the GBH 2-26 DFR now superceded by the GBH 2-28 DFV.
Quality drills and wobble the same as the op's drill in sds mode.
Not much change out of £200 quid for these machines.

Or £500 for the 36V cordless version!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back