Drilled through cable in wall

Is the grid switch arrangement anywhere near the area you damaged the cable?, if not, then that must be the far end of the cable, and where you see it sneaking off towards the door must be where it is heading to the socket that is supposed to be the washing machine, any chance of any wider angle shots?

Sponsored Links
No I need to bury the jbs in the wall as the shelves still need to go up.
Yes, but I just meant that there is a difference between covering the JBs with plasterboard or similar and sploshing wet filler all over them.

I'm not a person to give up on my original goals long as its safe!
I'm keeping it open for another week or 2 before I seal them in the wall just incase we find there is an actual issue.
Ok.

You have actually been super helpful and I really appreciate you questioning me on everything... I'm guessing lots of people hate that! For me it makes me question myself and double triple check everything which can lead to issues!
I am only questioning you so that I am certain what you mean. I am not good at reading between the lines.

Thank you for that :)
(y)

What lies above the damaged cable?

It would be better, as EFLI says, to draw an unbroken new cable in from the outlet under the worktop to the floor above, where you can put a MF junction box in the void.

With a bit of luck, you should be able to draw the new cable through the capping. Just be careful not to damage the sheath on any sharp edges.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back