Drilling a straight hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to install an outside tap and have bought a thru wall flange/ copper pipe. I want the pipe (15 mm diameter) to enter the interior of the house in a small gap (around 3 cm) between my washing machine and a fixed bench. How would I go about drilling this hole? I've read that you should drill from the outside of the house, but I think my margins for error are too small, and it would have to be perfectly straight. I've considered drilling from the inside of the house, but the bench is in the way! Any advice on how to proceed? Cheers!

Sponsored Links
You Could try with an extra long Masonry Drill, and drill a pilot hole from the inside (Extra long Drill 1 metre in length.) although it sounds as though its going to be tight for space to fit pipe/tee/ isolater/ non return valve etc

41NyTx0DNbL._SX425_.jpg

Move the bench or re-site hole to a more suitable position, should be plenty of room behind the washing machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back