drilling a tiled wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I tiled an on suite recently and am about to re fit the accessories for the room (towel rail, mirrors etc).
I bought the following item from screwfix to drill the holes but as its not pointed it slides around (tested on a spare tile).

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/81225/Drill-Bits/Tile-Drills/Diamond-Core-Drill-7-x-60mm

Do I deed to do something to get the hole going first? If so what? Or
have I bought the wrong type of drill bit. Incidentally i'm using a cordless drill if that matters. I've used it to drill concrete before so I doubt power will be an issue.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I need to put in a very light basic shower set. Will a 18v Bosch driller/driver be enough to drill the holes mainly through grout with plaster board behind.
Surely I don't need a hammer driller for such a lightweight job.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all.
I sed my dremel grinding bit in the end to start the hole (pierce the surface), then the the bit I bought from screwfix gripped and went through easily.

I need to put in a very light basic shower set. Will a 18v Bosch driller/driver be enough to drill the holes mainly through grout with plaster board behind.
Surely I don't need a hammer driller for such a lightweight job.

PLEASE DONT HIJACK SOMEONE ELSES THREAD. It breaks forum rules & can be very confusing for regular contributors; if you read & understood my post to the OP, it should have answered your question :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back