Drilling close to wall

bc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the process of putting up some blinds which will screw into the ceiling of the window cavity, except the holes that i need to drill are too close to the wall..... I have an angled drill chuck which gets the drill out of the way but the chuck is too big and therefore i still cant drill close enough to the wall as the holes need to be about 15mm from the wall can you get small chucks that let you get quite close to the wall? i cant find anything suitable. Nearest I found was something like http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=A237677&ts=29556&id=93830# but even then it doesnt say how close to the wall i will get with it, and is quite expensive for just a few holes!

Sponsored Links
small cheap drill will probably get you within 25mm of the wall... and you could surely drill at an angle if it's a thin metal bracket you're fixing?

I have one of those flexi drives, I should say the business end is about an inch thich so you can hold it in your fingers like a pen or a knife for delicate work.

As JohnD said, put em in at a slight angle - if it's anything like mine, the screws won't be seen anyway.

Sponsored Links
Use a long drill bit to minimise the angle. Don't know if those flexi drives are suitable for drilling

Eddie M said:
Use a long drill bit to minimise the angle. Don't know if those flexi drives are suitable for drilling

They are fine for small drills, do not overstress them by jamming the drill bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back