Drilling Glass Mosaic Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

The Mrs has decided on same very fancy pants glass mosaic tiles from Fired Earth for our shower room. Whilst these may look the dogs danglies, I feel I am going to have a mare drilling into them to put the shower screen up.

I've bought some glass drill bits from Screwfix and will do a few test runs on some of the tile waste - any tips for me before I start though?

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
How close to the edge off the tiles are you having to drill....

The closer to the edge off the tile the more chance off breaking...

Get a dry wall screw and hammer and using the screw hit it with the hammer this will give you a slight indentation in the tile for the diamond drill bit..

Ps...don't hit the dry wall screw to hard...a heavy tap is all that's required..

Sometimes...well most off the times...with glass tiles your better drilling from the back off the tile about halfway thro then Finnish screwing from the face off the tile...

Don't be heavy handed,let the drill to the hard work mate..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back