drilling into a wall!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know of any good masonry drill bits that are available? i am trying to drill into my bedroom wall (from the inside)!! :) but sometimes the drill stops and it seems like it is sticking. then it goes again but is it my drill bits (cheapish ones) or the wall?!! any help much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
may be its clogged. you should pull the whole drill out every so often to get the brick dust out of the wall

does anyone know of any good masonry drill bits that are available? i am trying to drill into my bedroom wall (from the inside)!! :) but sometimes the drill stops and it seems like it is sticking. then it goes again but is it my drill bits (cheapish ones) or the wall?!! any help much appreciated!

Are we talking about an SDS/SDS+ drill here or a normal drill with a keyed or keyless chuck?

If sds I find irwin bits are of ok quality, but if you want top get some hilti sds bits.

If its a normal chuck type drill, try some hexagonal bits for maximum torque

I've got some Extreme Masonry ones from Dewalt and they do a pretty good job with my cordless combi in brick, however for heavy work I have to whip out the SDS :cool:

Sponsored Links
thanks for all your help.

what drill/bits would you recommend I buy for drilling holes for wc cisterns/wall hung basin fixing plates and radiator brackets? i need a good quality reliable one really. I saw a dewalt drill in screwfix for £80-90ish - it's the popular yellow cordless type. would this be ok?

thanks for all your help.

what drill/bits would you recommend I buy for drilling holes for wc cisterns/wall hung basin fixing plates and radiator brackets? i need a good quality reliable one really. I saw a dewalt drill in screwfix for £80-90ish - it's the popular yellow cordless type. would this be ok?

Check out the Bosch Blue range, dewalt arnt what they used to be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back